Monday, November 25, 2013

Getting to the CRUNCH!

We have been doing our Saturday meetings and what not lately and will be shifting gears from concept art to actual game art finally. I have started to work on a basic 3D character model for our group that is reminiscent of a powder puff girl standing on a ball haha. This model will be a base that can be used for multiple characters in our game if it turns out okay. Our plan is to basically "paint" the textures onto the model to represent the different characters in our game. This process will save a ton of time by only having to do UV's for one model and then reusing the UV's for all the different characters. Hopefully I can make an awesome model that the rest of the team likes. I will post some pictures on here when the model is actually done, right now it is just a body and some legs, though I should have it done by the end of the day.

Games that I am playing: Still trying to get through Dark Souls (havnt had too much time to play between work, school, and the ski season starting). I have also been watching a lot of lets play videos for a game that I am more than less likely going to buy called Space Base DF-9, which is made by Double Fine studios which has me really excited! I want to wait till the end of the semester before I get sucked into something like that though.

Other things going on: Been skiing and working out to try to get into shape before the Skier Cross season starts, I will be participating in a semi-pro circuit for USASA. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment